Sunday, July 8, 2012

What I'm Reading continued...

"What's sadder than eating dinner out
of a microwave tray? I want fresh, seasonal
foods that are beautiful on the plate."
                          ~Candice Kumai
                               Pretty Delicious

   What a busy week full of work, play, and summery things! I seem to be finding beautiful books left, right, and center lately which is wonderful! This one is a beautiful new cookbook called Pretty Delicious by Candice Kumai. I just love the gorgeous photographs that accompany the recipes! I was drawn to the cover with the little stack of pancakes on a pink cake stand and when my Mum and I started to peruse through the recipes it was an instant must have. We have already tried the incredible TDF Sliders recipe (absolutely FANTASTIC!!!) and are eager to try more! I took some photographs of my favourite pages with some of my kitchen-y things. I know you will enjoy this book!!





















8 comments:

  1. Looks scrumptious...and beautiful...what can be better?
    Thank you for the recommendation, dear Jennelise...I am an avid cookbook collector...
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty post! You did a wonderful job with your photos here. I love your pink kitchen pieces. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog!
    Hugs from Sweden!//Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much! This really is a wonderful book! I have so many recipes bookmarked to try :)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful book, and I LOVE your vignettes!!, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think I just noticed an April Cornell tea towel...yes?
    I used to work for her company when there were shops in the U.S. I adore it and miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the tea towel is April Cornell! :) My Mum loved them when we had a store here and bought a whole bunch which she has saved. I miss the store too - it was unique which is something that seems to be vanishing in decor stores!

      Delete
  7. I love them too, and have a small collection!
    You are so right about that, dear friend...
    Getting more difficult all the time. I guess that is where Etsy comes in! ;)
    I do order April Cornell through their online store...
    Their place mats are gorgeous as well and last forever.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete