Tuesday, August 28, 2012

French Decor

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only.
Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do
with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." 
                                        ~Coco Chanel

     Why do we love french things? For me it is almost an obsession! French antiques, french decor, french fashion, books, music, photographs, buildings, street lamps, food, and the unmistakable presence of french femininity - all of these things fascinate me! If I round the corner of a shop and standing before me is a piece of furniture with rare curved lines and gold detail I know immediately that it is french. Nothing else comes close to the beauty of french antiques and decor. My Mum and I are constantly on the hunt for these treasures! This summer my Mum happened (completely by chance in one of those extraordinary and thrilling moments of discovery) upon an incredible french piece. A beautiful cabinet on tall legs with gorgeous gold designs all over it's perfect creamy surface! We were in raptures! I have been working on this little photoshoot for awhile - never quite convinced that I have perfectly captured how pretty our french room looks now. I added a few things for the pictures like my beautiful white chair with the GORGEOUS ruffled throws from Shabby Fufu, the small flower back chair, the antique gold frame, french china, and drippy crystal candelabra. Ici, c'est notre beau français chambre!

I am linking with:
What's It Wednesday
Tuesday Treasures




























19 comments:

  1. Hi Jennelise,
    What a gorgeous cabinet! I LOVE it!
    XO
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How beautiful! I am your newest follower! I hope you will come visit me at my blog as well. I look forward to catching up on your older posts. Have a great day! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennelise! It's no wonder you love it. French style suits you so well – beautiful, graceful, elegant, feminine. Your French room is wonderful! – g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! You are so incredibly sweet. I'm blushing :)

      Delete
  4. That cabinet is just divine and totally my style. I have several French style pieces in my home, but none of them are quite as exquisite as your lovely treasure! I will take that over a rusty, chippy piece of furniture any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I completely agree! :) I went through a phase where all of the furniture in my room was white and shabby and I tired of it quickly. I like warm wood and original soft paint colors - and of course EVERYTHING French! :)
      Jennelise

      Delete
  5. Oh everything is so beautiful and beautifully photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jennelise! Your French room is simply amazing, especially with the addition of the new cabinet. It's exquisite. I also love your blue chair with the ruffled arm rests and around the seat. I also love the fabric of your sofa, and the gold chair with the rose back. I also love your area rug (more roses!). In fact, there isn't one single, solitary thing that I don't love about this post's photos! Thank you soooooo much for sharing! P.S. Do you also dream in French? hee-hee . . .

    Christine Karie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you stopped by, the cabinet is truly a fabulous find!
    I've wanted one of those forever. You have styled it so beautifully
    down to the very last detail. So gorgeous, that's what we love about French style! Thanks for your sweet visit and for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quote and what gorgeous photos - beautiful pieces and lovely styling - a feast for the eyes!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jennilise I nearly swooned when I saw that beauty, you have such great taste in everything you do ;)

    Big smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. I discovered your blog through Pinterest where you're a real star. Everything you post is so romantic and beautiful. Love so much everything. An I'm pleased to read you like everything French. Kisses from PARIS where the wheather is wonderful this week end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly gorgeous! Beautiful cabinet, room and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny! Thank you so much for stopping by. It was lovely to hear from you....Now you know what a Francophile I am *winks* And I would've full on tackled your mom to get that cabinet away from her! It's gorgeous! And so is the whole room. You are a "queen" of pretty my friend! I think you might be the single handed cause of my sudden lace obsession.*winks* And I also think Romantic Homes magazine is crazy not to be giving you a call stat. Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your style of decorating. Love all of the rose decor, french things and lace! Your art is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Blog. There is some thing sooo romantic about French Furniture. Love your decoration style.

    ReplyDelete