Monday, April 22, 2013

French Furniture

"What is the pull to this magical city?
... it's the wealth of inspiration
at every turn, a city unchanged and 
stage for great minds, so rich in design
and creativity for centuries. It's a place
that continues to reveal layers of a
splendid life, almost a fairytale in its
infinite opulence and incomprehensible
magnificence." 
         ~Claudia Strasser
                   Paris Flea Market Style

     It is no secret that I love everything French! (I talk about it non-stop don't I?!!) I have never seen any  style or design that approaches the femininity, elegance, and intricacy of old-world Parisian decorating. Those soft creamy paint colours, curved legs, gilding, intricate moulding, flowers, and the ability to add beautiful detail to even the most mundane item. It would seem that the French are not afraid to be fanciful and to embrace beauty in every aspect of their lives. It is a never-ending treasure hunt trying to find french antiques and beautiful high-quality reproductions here in Canada. When I do happen upon a piece the excitement and triumph is dizzying! If you are like me then you crave to see french treasures in books, magazines, photographs, and anywhere you can find it! Here is a little taste courtesy of my own home...























Linking with:

20 comments:

  1. Hi Jennelise, it's always such a treat for the eye to come by and visit. I just love these pieces with just the right shade of pink and cream accessorie. You're such an amazing photographer, what a gift you have.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Marlene! You are so sweet! It's always wonderful to hear from you!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  2. So very beautiful photos.

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post- everything is so picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny I'm so with you! Beautiful French pieces make me swoon! What a lovely post! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. There isn't a more pretty style out there...it's my favourite! Beautiful pieces, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn: Like you, I too, find brand new stuff dull and lusterless. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find quality antiques or reproductions. And I live in New England where there are many antique shops, flea markets, etc. But the interesting pieces and quality just aren't there. Junk by any other name is still junk. I believe the home is the place to escape, to close the door, exhale, kick back and be yourself. So why not surround yourself with the things that you love? I've noticed that you have created an environment that reveals your sentimental side with an homage to the past. Outstanding! Between your post on the antique desk and this one, don't know which one I like best. I would have to classify both as "dazzling." Merci beaucoup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Christine! I know what you mean finding quality pieces is so hard! You have to enjoy the hunt as well as the find! Anyone with that passion for old-fashioned things will eventually find what they are looking for. I definitely have inherited that passion! Thankyou for stopping by and for your lovely comment!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photographs! And the color of the dresser and the mirror is wonderful! Just perfect ♥ Do you know what color they are?

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty furnintures. i really love the mirrors.<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennelise,
    I love all things French as well, and enjoy any chance to see your gorgeous treasures! You have amassed some incredible pieces which you display so artfully. We'd love to have you link it.
    Big hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on being featured on What's It Wednesday. I am a new Follower of your Blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. French furniture sets are never-ending treasures for the home. You are one of the lucky individuals to own that collection, and thanks a lot for sharing it online!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your site is really picture perfect. Beautiful French furniture pieces and I really love the mirrors that you have displayed and they are very good and artfully displayed. I love to have such pieces for my home.

    http://www.oldplank.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and so delicately romantic! I'm now following you. Love, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I've truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. office furniture

    ReplyDelete